The Legacy Provider Network (LPN) Workers Compensation provider panel was incorporated specifically to serve the needs of Nevada Self Insured Groups and Self-Insured Employers with its focus on two goals:
The Legacy Provider Network currently serves over 2,800 employers and 60,000+ statewide Nevada based employees. A few of these self insured groups are:
- Timely and Quality Care: By not "renting" an existing Workers Compensation provider network and directly contracting with specific Board Certified Providers, Acute Care Facilities, Ambulatory Surgical Centers and Ancillary Care Providers who have experience in Workers Compensation, LPN has been able to bring timely and quality care to its clients injured workers and provide additional cost savings.
- Health Care Costs: To assist its clients in managing healthcare and pharmaceutical costs which, in turn, results in decrease of overall expenses for self insured groups thereby allowing increased savings and profitability for their members.
- Builders Association of Western Nevada
- Nevada Agriculture
- Nevada Auto Network
- Nevada Retail Network
- Nevada Transportation Network
- Preferred Medical Management Services (PMMS) provides support services to the Legacy Provider Network
- LPN direct provider contracting with financial utilization reports
- Pharmacy Management Services with provider and pharmaceutical utilization reports
The Legacy Provider Network and Preferred Medical Management Services in January 2009 implemented its Pharmacy Management Services by directly contracting with national Pharmacy Benefit Management Company (PBM). By direct contracting with PBM, this relationship has provided LPN and its clients their ability to "manage" utilization costs related to Brand, Generic, and Mail Order by reviewing its providers prescription patterns. These detailed reports provided to its clients' Program Administrator and Third Party Administrator with transparent financial and pharmaceutical cost reports which have resulted in additional savings to their clients.
Paul Cohen, Director of Provider Relations
6900 S. McCarran Blvd
Reno, NV 89509
Cell: (702) 461-5982
Fax: (702) 458-3042